Wednesday 11 December 2013

tis the season to be jolly



Tis definitely the season to be jolly, but
twas also my birthday on Monday, and it was one of those birthdays with a big fat zero on the end.

I was fine, absolutely fine (unlike the last birthday with a big fat zero on the end). I went to work as usual, got a card and a couple of sweet gifts. My bff and her mother came to the café for lunch, when I was presented with lots of pretty things, and some money to go towards something big, because reaching half a century IS big, isn't it !!

Love this spoon so much, perfect for my kitchen

Miniature cloche

Everyone knows I love a cup of tea

Great garden sign, ring and chocolates
I went out for a Chinese meal after work, which was really nice.

The only problem with the day................... too many cards TELLING me how old I was !!!
I KNOW how old I am, I don't need to be reminded.
Age is just a number I know, but big fat numbers that don't feel like they belong to me are totally unnecessary !

(To my bff, just wait till YOUR birthday, he he he!)



BTW, that was two days ago, Christmas is now in da house !

15 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to say 40 so I will just say Happy 40th Birthday. I love the mini cloche.

    Do you mind a December birthday? Steve hates his (Dec. 3) because he always felt as a child like his mother just grabbed one of his Christmas presents to give him on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Fiona! Don't sweat the number, it beats the alternative! Sounds like a wonderful celebration with your besties, which makes the day extra special. Lovely gifts too. Christmas is sneaking up way too fast, in my opinion! Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona, I REFUSE to believe that YOU are half a century old!! No way, not true, impossible, with that face?! Well, I really had you placed at not a day over 30, HONESTLY! So, you are either extremely blessed and very photogenic, or everyone has bad eyesight! Happy belated birthday, to you, and may you have a happy, healthy and fun year!

    Looking forward to seeing Christmas in da house and in da 'hood!

    xo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday Fiona. I have learned, after some convincing mind you that we are better to accept this whole aging process and move forward. 50 seems long ago to me right now and you know what,,, for now I am enjoying my 50's immensely. 60 may be really hard for me!! I will judge that when I get there. NO rush.
    Everyone is right. You look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you came through the big day! Sounds like a great time and what nice gifts you received! Embrace those 50's...Your creative mind will keep you busy enough to not even notice what number is coming next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Life certainly gets better with age! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH so you are 40? I'm bad with math, so lets go with that. Happy Birthday - you are young at heart and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy bday to you, fiona!! you do not look...um, wait...just happy bday:) glad your day was great--presents always make the day better:) show us some christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona, you do not look any older than 35 and I mean it! So go back and check all your birthday certificates, maybe there has been a mistake in your date of birth! :) Have a happy life my bloggy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday hunni. I hope you had a good one lol mwah mwah (on each cheek) xxx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy (late) birthday! I love the gift you got and can't wait to see what you'll do with the cloche!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Happy Birthday Fiona - I was the same - hated 40 - past caring by the time I got to 50! enjoy those lovely gifts, and spending the money! CJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must say I am shocked! I really thought you were in your thirties. I wouldn't sweat the number when you look sooo much younger. Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well happy belated birthday to you! Looks like you scored some cool stuff! I'm a coconut lover and I might need to know more about that candy I see in the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated Birthday Fiona! I'm so sorry I missed it! It sounds like you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete

It's always a pleasure to receive your comments. I really enjoy reading them, and a huge thank you if you are following as well !